Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Week 48: "Here's the catch."

May 12, 2014

Hello everyone! It's been a quick week, and I'm back already. I hope that you didn't miss me too much...
 
This past week has been crazy. Elder Goates and I bounced around all over the place, teaching lessons out the wazoo. Riding from literally one end of Lelystad to the complete other end to get to all our appointments... However, it has been raining for about four days straight now, and I have gotten more soaked these last few days than I think I have ever been on my entire mission. Fortunately, it's not too cold, it's just wet. Count your blessings, right?
 
I just want to take a minute to say how wonderful the members here in Lelystad are. Missionary work is so much easier with good members, and the members here have been so helpful and loving. We were able to teach a phenomenal amount of member present lessons and had so many eating appointments (tied with my mission record for meal appointments in one week!) because the members are so willing to help out. It's great. I've been taking pictures with lots of members here, because the transfer is coming to an end, and I've been here for four months already, so I'm probably leaving...
 
Oh, wait. That was what I said BEFORE transfer calls came in. But, yesterday evening, while Skyping with my family (which was great!), Elder Goates and I got a call from Elder Eastmond (yes, my trainer, who is now an assistant to the mission president). He asked me how I was doing. "Well, a little nervous, seeing as I'm talking with you on transfer call night..." He informed me that the Lord has decided that I need to stay in Lelystad for at least six more weeks and to train a new missionary, a greenie. It was cool getting that news from MY trainer. "Here's the catch," he says. Uh oh. You never know what will follow those three words. He told me that my greenie won't be coming in for another couple weeks, so I'll be serving in a threesome with the other two Lelystad elders --Elders Bishesar and Kettler-- until my new companion arrives.
 
By the end of this coming transfer, in Lelystad, I will have served for four transfers (almost six months) with five different companions. Wow. Better get comfy.
 
Moving on...
 
We have seen some serious miracles in this past week. A let in that led to two new investigators. Finding a new investigator at the house of an investigator who accepted a baptismal challenge. Finding super cool people in richer areas of the city (oh boy). Good things are on the horizon in Lelystad, my friends. I'm going to have to work to keep it exciting, though. To be completely honest, I love the branch here, but Lelystad itself is one of the most unexciting and...well, to put it bluntly, ugly cities I've ever been to. I'll just have to keep things interesting.
 
But hey -- that's what I do best.
 
Until next week.
Elder Bonney
 
This is a photo I took with a homeboy at church. His name isn't actually Elder Bonney, though. That would be the bigger, less cute guy who's squatting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment