Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 15: "Dude, where's your bike?" "You have got to be kidding me."



September 23, 2013
Hey everyone!

Another week over. I wish I could say it was an especially exciting week... But, it wasn't. Though I will share some highlights.

So yes, my bike was stolen. Again. I don't know what it is, maybe I'm just really unlucky, but getting my bike stolen is rather annoying. As soon as I found out, I called up my thug less-active friend from Chile, who used to work in a bike store, to ask where a good second-hand bike store is. He came with a friend to go to this bike store with me and Elder Toole. They were asking 240 euro for a decent USED bike. Needless to say, I'm still working on my bicycle situation. Though our friend did say he had friends who could get me a really cheap, good bike...illegally. We had to decline his offer.

What else happened this week... Well, our previously golden investigator is now a Jehovah's Witness, super anti, and he thinks that "all Mormons are stupid." Elder Toole and I found a few new investigators. Just standard missionary work, really. I have no cool stories. Though, Elder Toole and I have been getting really close with the less-active members here in Kortrijk. They really are great people, just got a little sidetracked on the way. They're my favorite -- they invite us over for dinner, love to talk to us, and I'll miss them tons when I eventually leave.

The zone leaders came down from Antwerpen to do splits for a few hours on Thursday. It really made me realize how much this is the Lord's work and not our work. I was with a really good elder who is a few months away from the end of his mission. We were knocking some doors in a nearby town, where many people are Belgian, born and raised. And he couldn't understand ANYBODY, the dialect is so hard to understand. I then realized that I don't understand a lot of people in this area, either. Then, I took a step back to look at our situation in Kortrijk -- the Lord put two second transfer missionaries, who both started learning Dutch in June, in a city where we don't understand a lot of people, and a lot of people have trouble understanding us. No logical person would do that. But, He knows better. If we work hard, He'll provide the success. There are always miracles as a missionary. I've seen the Lord's hand more than once on my mission.

Well, back to the grind. Remember to pray for all the Lord's missionaries. We need it. Tot volgende keer.

Fight the good fight, finish the race, keep the faith. Or something like that.

--Elder Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment