Thursday, August 15, 2013

Week 9: "Yeah, I think we might be in France."

August 12, 2013
Hey everyone!

The weeks go by pretty quickly now - I can't believe it's already been a week!

This week's email is actually going to be pretty short (please, contain your disappointment). We have a lot to do today and not much time to do it.

So, the work in Kortrijk is going super well. Elder Eastmond and I have found so many new investigators. We've taught so many first lessons, in Dutch and English. It's great, and I can understand lots of Flams now.

My companion and I have been going on TONS of exchanges. Since he's the district leader, we do exchanges all the time. On Thursday, I stayed in Kortrijk for the exchange (for the first time - before, I'd always gone to the other area). So I was in charge for the first time. I realized I didn't know my way around the area as well as I thought I did... I ended up getting us lost for two hours in the summer heat in the countryside. He got sunburned... and then eaten by misquitoes that night, because I forgot to shut the window. That elder loves me, I know it.

Oh yeah -- while going to an appointment in Menen (right on the French border), Elder Eastmond and I unintentionally ended up in France itself. We didn't realize it until we weren't in it anymore and we looked back. Thank you, country borders in the EU.

I need to bounce now, so I'll have time to send some personal emails before I get kicked off the computer. Be obedient, everyone. Don't get into trouble. Until next week.

--Elder Bonney

No comments:

Post a Comment